The 14th annual Worship Facilities Conference and Expo (WFX) is coming up in September. The event is designed to train, inspire and bring ministry teams together to learn under one roof. With sessions geared toward worship, tech, communications, facilities, church administration, and leadership, WFX is a one-stop church event for everyone. Here’s a bit from WFX Brand Leader/Conference Director, Beth Vinton about what’s new at WFX19.
[TFW]: What would a Technologies for Worship audience member gain by coming to WFX 2019?
Vinton: WFX and TFW both share a common goal, to support the technology needs of the HOW market. Both are passionate about ensuring that Tech Directors and the AVL teams they lead are equipped with the latest technology, cost-effective solutions that simplify the work load, and ways to build community as we all serve the Great Commission together. WFX is the only training and expo event that serves the needs of the entire church team. It’s where everyone can get the individualized training they need, while benefiting from team building experience that training together offers. Statistically, teams that train together move forward faster. And there is no better way than for us to do it together with partners that share the same passion! We are both committed to connecting our communities with the knowledge, ideas and resources that will give their ministries or projects the most maximized impact possible.
[TFW]: Give us a sense of where WFX is going (both physically and with the event/network). What is new this year for the event?
Vinton: In addition to our partnership with TFW, WFX has expanded our media partnerships to include Church Executive Magazine, Church Production Magazine, and rAVe pubs. We will again offer CEU credits towards The Church Network’s accreditation program for those working towards their CCA Certification. WFX is honored to be a part of such a dedicated and passionate group that strengthens one another, but more importantly, strengthens the Church. I often say, we are better together, and it couldn’t be truer when we bind our efforts together with these partners who are determined to support and serve Church communities all over the world.
WFX19 is making a concerted effort to reach the senior leadership of today’s church by creating the VIP program. VIPs (Very Important Pastors) receive free registration, show floor tours, access to the pastors’ lounge, breakfast and lunch, leadership essentials track, and personal outreach to help customize their WFX experience. This is our way of giving back, while helping senior leadership make informed decisions when it comes to purchasing. One of the most common feedback statements we receive is that, “WFX saved us so much money!”
A tour of Mosaic Church in Winter Garden is one of the highlighted special events this year. Along with gear and facilities sponsors, Mosaic staff will guide small group tours through the church and tell the story of how God created beauty from ashes, or actually from mold and mildew. See details and video of Mosaic church: https://www.wfxevents.com/en/conferences/new-at-wfx19.html
Texas loves WFX so we are looking forward to being in San Antonio next year, Sept 15-17. Registration for next year will be open at this year’s event with exclusive special pricing for all 2019 attendees.
[TFW]: What is the one thing you’d want the Technologies for Worship audience to know about WFX in general or the event specifically?
Vinton: WFX is community. WFX is family. WFX Conference & Expo is the place where you will find relationships, peer-to-peer learning, lists of how-to’s and hear about the hard knock lessons learned by others. There are hundreds of solutions found on the expo floor, hands-on training in the Product Training and Demo Rooms, five tracks with more than 100 sessions, lots of networking and fellowship opportunities, and a whole lot of fun. In short, WFX is the most affordable way to build up your team’s skills, know-how and spirit.
WFX19 New Special Events and Features, Networking, Education & Training:
• Church Tour at Mosaic Church, Tues., Sept 17
• 10 Pre-Conference Intensives on Tues., Sept 17 including: “Beyond the Google Search – How to Source and Buy Solutions for Your Church”
• Expanded Expo Hall where you will find products and solutions, breakfast and lunch café, entertainment with People & Songs, education pavilions and our media partners
• 9 Sponsored Training and Product Demo rooms
• Guided tours on the exhibit floor
• The Live Sound International (LSI) Loudspeaker Demo — a.k.a., “The Ultimate Audio Experience”
• Entertainment, book signings, and micro-burst sessions at The Spark
• FREE VIP (Very Important Pastors) registration, booth tours, pastors lounge, breakfast and lunch, leadership essentials track, and personal outreach to help customize pastors’ WFX experience
• Leadership Essentials Track – Specially curated conference content for pastors
• Current trends and new ideas related to facility management from energy efficiency to systems maintenance to safety and security and emergency management
• Security & Safety sessions that address today’s urgent need for pro-active assessment and implementation
• Fellowship Hors d’oeuvre reception – Wed., Sept 18, 4:30-6:00PM
• Keynote worship sessions and Night of Worship with People’s & Songs – Wed., Sept 18, 6:15PM
• Worship and Keynote session with Renaut van der Riet, Lead Pastor of Mosaic Church – Tues., Sept 17
• Worship and Keynote session with Phil Cooke – Thurs., Sept 19