In just a few weeks, the highly regarded PLASA Focus events series will open at the Kansas City Convention Center, May 20-21. Once again, over two days, PLASA Focus will offer hands-on, up close views of products and services from over 35 leading manufacturers, distributors, dealers, and industry leaders and offer over 15 top seminars, including hands-on training, all completely free to attend.
Says PLASA Events show manager Laura Hoepker, “As a trade organization by the industry and for the industry, PLASA looks forward to another successful Focus show in Kansas City and providing another unique, targeted business and networking opportunity to both PLASA members and to regional buyers.
Between the show floor and educational seminars, we are providing access to the best in the industry to everyone who attends.”
New additions to the top-notch seminar line up, includes:
- “A Life Untethered-Wireless dimming for props, costumes, and set pieces” by RC4 Wireless
- “Upgrading to LEDs? What to think about so it doesn’t go horribly wrong” by Barbizon
- Keynote sponsored by Elektralite: Richard Pilbrow on “Light and Theatre – Epidaurus, the National Theatre to Kansas City.”
- “Will It Fly?” with Rocky
- “Real-time 3D Mapping with Aviary and Hippotizer Video Tools and Media Servers” by TMB
- “Layers of Light” by ETC
- “LED Color: The Physiological Experience” by Chauvet Professional
- RDM for the Busy Tech – Spectacular lasers: using them effectively, safely, and legally with PLASA
Media technical editor Richard Cadena
- “IATSE – What’s it all about?”
- “The Never Ending Pixel Party” with Daunte Kenner
- “Hitting the Lighting Technology Curve Ball” with Stephen Ellison ETC and PLASA Focus are also offering day-long special hands-on training event on Monday, May 18th and Tuesday May 19th.
PLASA Focus: Kansas City’s star line up of exhibitors with the latest products and services from moving lights to staging and support, accessories, lasers, wireless DMX and much more, include:
InLight Gobos, ETC, Barbizon , Group One, MainStage Theatrical Supply, Ushio, Behind the Scenes, High End Systems, Heartland Scenic Studios, Altman, Columbus McKinnon, PLASA, LaserNet, Elation Professional, RC4 Wireless, The Light Source, TMB, PixelFLEX, Lyntec, Harrington Hoists, GLP, Chauvet Professional, Core Lighting, Avolites, AV Stumpfl, Creative Stage Lighting, Elektralite, Stagecraft Institute of Las Vegas, Technologies for Worship, Ultratec, IATSE, Cosmic Truss, Enttec Americas, and ETCP.
Commenting on the February PLASA Focus: Orlando event, Geoffrey Platt, product training specialist at TMB stated, “This has been by far the best PLASA Focus event so far. We had steady, quality visitors each day.”
Says PLASA’s director of events, Christopher Toulmin, “The unique benefit of these shows is that not only do smaller brands get the opportunity to have a similar exposure to the larger brands due to the limit on booth size, but also it encourages networking with regional members of the live entertainment technology industry who wouldn’t necessarily attend the international shows.”
PLASA Focus shows are renowned for their friendly, social atmosphere with great seminar content and are well received within the market place, as highlighted by ETC’s Tom Littrell: “The booth was busy. The sessions were packed. It was a great show!” Attendee Dave Guiler of Premier Entertainment Group said: “PLASA Focus has allowed our growing company to experience new products and learn new techniques with lighting and sound. PLASA Focus is an absolute necessity for anyone in the industry! Price is great too!”