With its goal of seeking, engaging, and encouraging others through a life-changing Christian journey, First Baptist Sweetwater is a church with a wide range of ministries and related programs designed …
Football fans may consider Lambeau Field to be Green Bay’s sacred ground but members of the area’s Roman Catholic community will point you to the stunningly beautiful St. Francis Xavier …
SystemMax AVL was originally brought in to the Church of the Saviour United Methodist Church as consultants for a needs assessment and design working with local contractors, and they ended up doing an audio upgrade and theatrical lighting installation.
As SystemMax’s Darryl Johnson explains, “We ended up redesigning and installing the audio system for the worship space which is now doing split services with contemporary Christian worship and electric bands as well as traditional services with organ and choir.
Originally named Hickory Grove, Jerseyville earned its current name in 1834, when the town was surveyed and platted by two of the many residents who moved there from New Jersey. Jersey County was established in 1839, and two years later, the first Catholic Mass was celebrated in the new county. Holy Ghost Catholic Church, part of the Diocese at Springfield in Illinois, was established in 1883, although the current mid-century modern edifice is only about a half-century old.
Until this year, Holy Ghost Church’s sound system was of the same vintage, with two 1960s-style column speakers located at the extreme left and right sides, driven by an equally ancient four-channel powered mixer. In some ways the worst seat in the house was front and center. Today, the situation is entirely different thanks to a Renkus-Heinz ICONYX Gen5 sound system designed and installed by Output Unlimited of nearby Alton, Illinois.
Prompted by the welcome problem of a growing congregation, Winners Chapel in Lanham, Maryland recently moved to a new location where it could build a 1,500-seat sanctuary. It is an …
With its goal of following in the Spirit of God and the footsteps of Jesus, St. Paul’s Wolf’s ECC (Evangelical Covenant Church) gathers to enable and equip people to impact lives for Christ. Offering programs for adults, youth, children, involvement in a food bank, as well as a program to help the homeless, the church has numerous opportunities for its members to get involved. St. Paul’s Wolf’s recently completed a substantial overhaul of its AV infrastructure, which in addition to a new sound reinforcement system also included new projection capability. On the video side of the equation, the church is now equipped with projection technology drawn from the catalog of Rancho Santa Margarita, CA-based Eiki International, Inc.
Reynolds AV of East Berlin, PA, a full-service design / build AV firm specializing in audio, video, and lighting services, was contracted to design and deploy the church’s new AV equipment. Karl Reynolds, the firm’s Project Manager, coordinates system design, project management, plus customer training and service for the company. After consulting with church management to determine their goals and requirements for the facility upgrade, Reynolds elected to install an Eiki EK-811W, 8,000 lumen WXGA DLP® laser projector to handle visuals in the sanctuary. He discussed the project and his reasons for installing Eiki projection technology.
Tasked with bringing the supernatural power of God to this generation of worshippers, King Jesus International Ministry was founded by Apostle Guillermo Maldonado and his wife Prophet Ana Maldonado. Today, the ministry has a global reach that extends throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa. To ensure their message is delivered clearly, church leaders rely on the clarity and natural sonic performance of E6 Earset and B3 Lavalier microphones from the catalog of Menlo Park, CA-based Countryman Associates.
Edward Puerta is the Director of Production and Engineering for King Jesus International Ministry. He is responsible for all production and the related technical disciplines at King Jesus Ministry facilities, including a 6000-person sanctuary, a 14,000-square foot TV studio, a University, and more. Additionally, he serves as the live event producer for all of Apostle Maldonado’s national and international events, which can range from small arenas for 2,000 people to outdoor, open fields with greater than one million people in attendance at any given time. Puerta discussed his fondness for Countryman microphones and provided insight to their use within the organization.
Wirebox Media (Smyna, GA) recently installed a NEXO GEO S12 line array system replacing a 20-year old cluster at The Salvation Army Temple in Atlanta. The system for the 1,000-seat Temple consists of seven GEO S1210s and one S1230. In addition, the company installed a Yamaha QL5 Digital Audio Console with five Tio Dante input/output boxes, Yamaha IF2108 monitors, a Yamaha DME24N Digital Mix Engine, and Yamaha SWP L2 Network Switches.
A blend of contemporary and traditional worship, the musical set up is quite complex with a mixture of a 35-piece brass band, 40-voice choir, 6-piece contemporary band and 3-4 lead vocalists.
Founded at the turn of the century – this century, Lighthouse Church in Maryland has been growing apace since the day it opened the doors at its original, 24,000 square-foot building. To accommodate the demand, the church opened satellite campuses and continually expanded the number of weekend services offered, but it was never enough. Thus, Lighthouse Church recently moved its flagship services to a new 74,000 square-foot building in Glen Burnie, Maryland. Solsound, a Maryland-based A/V integration and production firm that had worked with Lighthouse Church in the past, designed and installed a distributed Danley Sound Labs sound reinforcement system that includes Danley SH (Synergy Horn) loudspeakers, SM speakers, GO2 compact loudspeakers, TH (Tapped Horn) subwoofers, and DNA multichannel amplifiers with onboard DSP and Danley model processing templates.
Ashland Baptist Church was organized by fifteen members on August 20, 1858. That first meeting was held in the Union Meeting House, currently the Masonic Hall on England Street, and served as the worship center until the dedication of the new church on Railroad Avenue. That “new” church building also served as a hospital during the Civil War. In 1967, the congregation moved to its present location. Since that time, several wings were added including a new sanctuary and fellowship hall to accommodate their growing congregation. When church leaders determined that a new sound reinforcement system was needed to improve intelligibility and musical impact, they also knew that it could not come at the expense of First Baptist’s sanctuary aesthetics. Audio/video integration firm RTW Media designed and installed a Danley Sound Labs system that satisfied both the sonic and visual objectives by minimizing the number of speakers that were required to provide precise, intelligible coverage.